Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Friday, October 11, 2013

No matter how it tried...

I recently found a poem. I'm in love with this poem. My kids are working on memorizing it.

All the water in the world
No matter how it tried
Could never sink the smallest ship
Unless it got inside.

And all the evil in the world
and every kind of sin
Can never harm a human soul
Unless we let it in.

-Author Unknown

I think this is a powerful message, and especially powerful for children. The world is crazy right now. There are so many things that are out of our control. There is so much sin, hatred, and sadness plaguing the human race. And, if we don't know better, we could feel like it's enough to drown us where we stand.

But we can be untouchable! We can create homes - and even better, HEARTS - where sin isn't permitted. Where we can feel a refuge from the storm, and a safe place to rest our heads regardless of what is happening outside our doors. Heavenly Father has given us the power to do this! It's just up to us to keep the water out of the boat. And, when that water gets in, because that water DOES get in, we can use the Atonement as the bailing bucket.

What a blessing.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Lift where you Stand.
That is what it made me think of. It was in a conference talk this conf. Or be the rock that the river cant wash away. seriously Anna, thanks for this great Poem, I love it. I think that would be great to memorize and I think I am going to make my kids do it too.