Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Monday, January 29, 2007

I've been collecting pics all week long and haven't had time to sit down and post them, so you're getting them all at once!
Last Sunday Chase and I gave talks in church and then hosted family dinner at our house. There were two January birthdays to celebrate, mine and Eric's. Anyway, it was AWESOME to have everyone at our house to eat, but we missed "Grape-Grandma Rawlins" as Cameron refers to her. She's been dealing with major migraines, but is feeling better now! Yay! Anyway, the boys all sat around watching some game - it wasn't the Bears game, that's all I know. I think the Colt's were playing? So after dinner we had a birthday cake and everyone sang for me and Eric. Well, Cameron thinks that every birthday is HIS birthday so once we blew out the candles we re-lit three of them and said he could blow them out. Well he just sat there. When we said, "cam you gotta blow out the candles" he insisted that he needed the birthday song first. So everyone had to sing happy birthday to Cameron! That did the trick! And Aunt Jeni was so sweet because she sang Happy Birthday for him repeatedly - which made him think he was SO cool - and she even put another candle in his piece of cake and lit it for him. Sweet!
Let's see what else did we do this week? Oh, right, we were sick AGAIN! I HATE BEING SICK! The boys have been super sick, too. Let's hope we just get through this season with no more colds. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, though.
On Saturday, despite my inability to breathe (are you feeling sorry for me yet?) I went to Little Philmont to be trained as a Cub Scout leader for the Wolf Den. BORING! But necessary. I definately feel like I know a bit more about it now and I'll feel more comfortable with the den and pack meetings coming up.
While I was at Philmont Chase stayed home with the boys and Uncle Garrett came over to help mow our front lawn that has been doubling as a meadow. It has rained every week since we moved in so it was SO LONG that the grass would literally wave in the wind. Terrible. SO the boys got it under control, but not before Garrett came out looking like the grinch. Thanks a ton, Gare Bear.
Lastly was Saturday night tubbie (Saturday, after all, is a special day). These pictures illustrate that Cameron HATES the tubbie and Miles is a complete fish who would live in the water if we let him.
Whew...that was a long one! Now I know why you post several times a week, Jeni!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT photos...I love the black & white of Miles. I need to come visit! Hey, check out my new blog post, I have a special photo there just for Cam!

Anonymous said...

Cam needs to come hand out with Gaby Gaby Gaby and she'll remind him how cool tubbie time is!