Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

UPDATE!
As I was looking at dresses (and almost bought the Shabby Apple one) I realized why I liked it so much. I already have a dress a lot like it! I bought it when I was five months preggers with Sophie and I've only ever worn it once or twice so I totally forget I even own it. I wore it to church two weeks ago and got a lot of compliments on it, so I think it will be good to go. I call it my Leave it to Beaver dress because it makes me feel like June Cleaver. It's got a full 50's-style skirt and the cutest collar and sleeves. The party dress code is "dressy casual" (whatever that means), so I think it will be perfect. Dressy, but not overdone. I'm going to wear it with my peep toe black pumps and I'll have to figure out the jewelry situation. It's all black so I can do pretty much anything!
Yay! I'm so excited, especially since I've been Christmas shopping (for myself and others...I just bought these and these...Yep, I've succumbed, and it feels SO GOOD!) all day. I feel like someone just gave me a free dress! Woot woot!!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

ok cute boots!! I really want come like the black ones.
ALSO I didn't vote in the last post, but I vote for the shabby apple one. and if you dont get it I think I will... wait I might get it even if you do!!

Sara K. said...

OK, are you trying to get yourself ousted from the UMC? Seriously.

Yay for the free dress! More cash for boots, right?

There's a potential snag in the holiday travel plans. Pray for the US Navy to NOT get their act together on the Bid/Proposal requirements report that Jerry is waiting on. The more red tape and bureaucracy the better, imo.

kjkabm said...

Cute boots! Yes, I succumbed as well. I used to think they were kind of odd.. and def will not be tucking mine into any sweat pants or jeans for that matter, but the comfort of the dang funny looking things just pulls you in as bad as a vampire!! Put em on, and ur hooked! :)

Ben & Diane said...

Oh man, I got in on the voting too late. But, since you remembered about the find you already have, who cares that I was totally into the shabby apple one too. You should still get it! It would look great on you. I really like the boots too. And no, you are not the only one who had never heard about cyber Monday. My computer illiterate sister had to tell me about it. That's pretty sad.

Jared said...

I loved reading your blog. And I love the new boots too, by the way. It's good to hear that you guys are doing well, and it's really fun to read about what you guys are up to. We have a blog too. If you'd like to check it out, email me at paige.weed@gmail.com.

Deb said...

Oh my word, does Nicole know you bough Ugg-ness? :-) Which reminds me, not only are the likeness of Uggs still in, as I've personally witnessed here in Central Pee-Yay, but also too SIDE PONIES! I swear. I see them all the time on the young girlies. Anna, you are too cool for school and on the verge of loosing your UMC card. Unless you promise to only wear aforementioned in-ness whilst having not showered for two days.

Chandy said...

That's great news! I just recently found a black modest dress that I bought two years ago, and when I finally tried it on again, Charlie didn't like it, so out it went...

I'm still watching out for some inexpensive black trench coat. That would be my ultimate find! Great boots, btw!