Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Open letter to Deb, Lylla, Sara and Bird

Dear sisters,

I am so thrilled for you that you are spending this blessed holiday wrapped in the warmth of one another's company. It makes the cockles of my heart fuzzy and gooey to know how you will laugh, sing, and watch Twilight together. To know that tomorrow evening you will lounge at 6 Mine Rd. on carpet that should be pink in a room that should have pink Charlie-brown-esque wallpaper on it and eat non-nut products...well, my JOY knows no bounds.

But here's the deal. I don't want to hear about it! At least, I don't want to hear about it until AFTER it's all over and done with. If Deb and Sara show up in matching side ponys - I don't want to know. If Lylla appears in a yellow jumpsuit singing fish songs with Taylor - I don't want to know. If Bird's ear holes have gotten even bigger and she's tattooier - I don't want to know.

Until later.

Okay?

Later.

So, you know. Have fun. Smush your faces together for facebook profile shots (don't forget the gang signs). Paint each others fingernails. Walk around Candy Lane together. Pick up some breakfast at the Pantry. Heck, have pillow fights and sing Pat Benatar into hairbrushes for all I care!  I'm sooooo over it.

Lovingly,

Anna

(and probably Christy, Chrysta and Nicole if they're being honest)

P.S. Merry Christmas. I probably should have said that first.

4 comments:

Christy said...

About the toe painting thing.......NO PICTURES PLEASE!


We miss you....and love you ...... and wish we could be there.....

Have fun!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Christy, I was conscious to put "Fingernails" in there! Your subconscious apparently shies away from finishing sentences starting with "Painting" and therefore your brain filled in with "Toes" and you immediately skipped to the next sentence.
Am I getting this right?
:)

Nicole said...

Admitting it. I don't want to hear about it either and I haven't ever even experienced it in the first place. I am having my first ever totally without family Christmas and I don't love it. Especially because my entire immediate family was together 3 weeks ago -- my 3 sisters, my parents, my grandparents, and every other cousin (two of whom I have yet to meet) -- and I was here. In stupid Georgia. And now we're alone for the first time at Christmas. In stupid Georgia.

But you know, have fun and all. And really, Merry Christmas to all y'all from stupid Georgia!!!

(And Sara -- got your email -- sending your prize on Saturday -- Lyss, need your address!!)

Alyssa said...

Nicole:

4303 York Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111

Anna - if it makes you feel any better, none of those events you described actually took place.

And I will not say more until after Jan. 1st.

Loves yas!