Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Monday, June 14, 2010

That man is sure good to me

Over the weekend Chase got me this:

P1040921

Not bad, right? Is he the best or what?

And the REALLY good part?

Claires, $9.

Yes. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. My fingers have officially started to swell to the extent that wearing my real wedding rings makes me feel claustrophobic and panicky. This has happened before. Once I realize taking them on and off is starting to get difficult I go into crazy-lady mode. I immediately envision myself having to undergo some emergency medical procedure where FULL ACCESS to my hands is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. And, of course, they have to bring in some kind of metal cutting machine to take off my rings because they are locked in place. But the machine doesn't work. So amputation is the only option.

So clearly my fingers aren't the only things swelling. My brain appears to be doing the same. But try as I might the vision never goes away.

So around this time with each pregnancy I usually give in to The Crazy and get myself a "fake while I bake" ring. Because I'm not a fan of walking around with three kids, a giant belly and NO ring. Call me old fashioned. Call me crazy. You'll probably be right on both counts.

So there you have it. My new, fake rings. I think they're actually quite pretty.

And Chase taught Miles to shave this weekend as well. We figured we'd start early, because imagining him with a sharp blade at any point in his life gives me more panic attacks than tight-ring-induced crazy.

P1040917 P1040918

Just kidding. Miles just thought it looked fun.

So did Soph.

P1040920

(LET'S HOPE SHE NEVER NEEDS TO DO THIS FOR REAL)

2 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

You are not the only one. It drove me nuts with Hudson, and we were in Germany so there was no Claire's. At least not that I knew about. With Cannon it wasn't so bad because we were on a tiny little post with only about 400 people and everyone knew me because I was the only dentist's wife (and, therefore, they knew I was married). With Keaton, though, I gave in and bought myself a cheap ring. It's not crazy. It's called wanting some respect even if your real rings don't fit. In fact, I've gained so much weight over the past year that soon I may have to get some fake ones till I lose some of it. Sometimes meds suck, even if they make you sane.

Shaving Sopie is adorable. I want a girl.

Wiseguys said...

bummer about the swelling. that's no fun at all. love the shaving cream!