Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Monday, July 26, 2010

90 and one half hours

So I was telling some friends last night that I've been trying to steer clear of my blog lately. I've been entirely too whiny and my summer gift to YOU has been to keep it to myself as much as possible.

You're welcome.

But now I have nothing to whine about. My mom gets here in t minus 24 hours. And that means life is wonderful. Good grief my mother is amazing. A saint, that one. And she's not even Catholic. But I'm pretty sure if the Catholics knew about her they'd fast-track her, like, yesterday.

What I'm saying is she deserves a Facebook fan page.

And guess what happens in 90 and a half hours? I have a baby. Now, the having part I'm not super excited about because it involves IV's (read: needles), scalpels, suction and sutures. All things I'm not a fan of, naturally. But I've accepted that this is part of how Heavenly Father made me: defective.

But I just go along with it because He has done lots of other stuff for me, too. So who am I to complain? I mean, if you don't count the last 8 months.

So, anyway, huzzah to impending fourth-time-around motherhood!

9 comments:

Wiseguys said...

Good luck! So jealous you're at the end! I hope all goes wonderfully and that you really enjoy having your mom here!

Deb said...

C-sections are blecky.

But your mom is not. I would totally "Like" her on Facebook, even though I don't like Facebook.

Also too, I love that you have been completely incoherent for the last 8 months. It's makes for entertaining comments, even if the posts have been fewer and farther betweener.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Blecky for sure. Blecktastic, even. Crappy Mcstinker I hate c-sections.

But I'm glad that you've enjoyed my incoherency. I'll try to keep it up just for you:)

p.s. Did you ever get that trojan fixed? Are you still waiting for a star to fall?

Sara K. said...

Anna - you know, only some us know about Deb and her trojan, some of your readers/commenters might just be shaking their heads.

Down with C-sections, but up with cute cuddly sweet smelling babies sent straight from heaven and your mom also too.

Deb said...

Thank you for asking about my Trojan, Anna. There will be no c-sections as a result, thankyouverymuch.

But I seriously couldn't believe it when I actually was infected after I joked I would be. I actually cried to my computer nerd when he confirmed my suspicion, having been through a nasty bout three months before. I really do feel like I am extra cautious and use several methods of protection simultaneously, but I know abstinence is the only sure-fire method. I just can't help myself. Some things are too tempting.

My star will never fall. I'll just always be waiting for it to. You know, fall. And listening to it on my blog since I will never, ever risk a Trojan failure again by going without protection -- even for a few seconds -- to change it.

Until I do, that is.

Jeni said...

Ahhh yeah for an awesome mom! You probeblyget radical delicious bread too! Can't wait for baby "h"!

Nicole said...

I have no idea what all this "Deb's Trojan" nonsense is about, but I'm excited that you are on the verge of birthing a new human! Good luck!

critts said...

Yay! Congrats. I believe from FB that means baby girl gets here tomorrow. Congrats! Im so excited for you!

Kirsten and Eric said...

Good luck on your little future accountant. Chase will have her running V-lookups within the year.