Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Monday, August 16, 2010

Open Letter to Dad

Good morning, Pop. How are you feeling this fine day? You're looking rather well. Is that a new shirt? It sets off your tan nicely, I must say. Speaking of tans, have you been hitting the links? You look so well-rested.

How am I? Oh, just fantastic. Thank you for asking.

But let's get down to business. I have a proposition for you.

How about you let me keep mom. We can maybe arrange a custody situation wherein I get to keep her and you can visit her - here - as often as you like. Really, we wouldn't mind that at all!

See, I'm just not sure if I'm ready, or able, to give her up. I'm having a hard time picturing my days without a nap in them. And she's just so darn good with my kids, what with the loving and spoiling and all. I just don't know if I can bear to let her return to Pee-Yay. I'm sure you can understand this, as I know you're quite fond of her as well.

So what say you, Father? I really think once you've had a chance to mull it over you'll see my side of things and agree that, as usual, I'm right about this.

Love,

Your sixth (and favorite) child.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Whoa.

Where is your open letter to ME? It's not just DAD who needs mom back in Pee-Yay. I think I've been pretty nice about sharing her and letting her go travel the country... but I'm gonna need her back. Like... in 10 weeks or so FOR SURE.

Love,

Your younger and more needy sister

Deb said...

There's never enough Sherry to go around.

Jessica said...

Anna, that baby of yours is adorable! She's definitely got the family look. Doesn't it feel fantastic not to pregnant? Wahoo! Enjoy your mom while you've got her!