Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

The other night, during scripture time, Miles was telling us stories about Jesus' life. It's so funny how kids think about things. He said, "A man had blonde and asked Jesus to take it away. So he spit in the dirt and made mud and put it on his eyes and that taked away the blonde!"

Now, if we could figure out what to do about the gray?

And I just want to give a shout-out to my kids' Primary (Sunday School for little kids) teachers. They are all amazing. We teach our children out of the scriptures each night, and I know they're listening - even when they're rolling around on the floor or punching each other. But there are times when my kids will, completely out of the blue, tell me stories from the Scriptures that I don't remember teaching them. Or at least giving details beyond what I know I've taught them. And I'm so grateful. So thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't think teachers hear it enough, but they are literally changing the lives of the kids they teach. Yay for teachers!

2 comments:

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

I agree. Teachers are our unsung heroes! And I love your story about taking away the blonde. What a sweetie! My eldest son's family was discussing the story of Abinadi. Later, he asked our five-year-old what happened to King Noah. Her reply? "He got fired!"

Chrystapooh said...

Just let me know when Miles figures out what to do about the grey. I wanna get in on that. :)