Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Friday, February 02, 2007




This week has been one of sitting and being sick, so there's not much to tell. The only slightly productive thing I've done is re-cover our piano bench. If you look at the pictures I posted last month of the house you'll see that the piano bench was a blue velvet/corduroy material. It was getting old and didn't match at all so I found some material that I liked and Chase and I put it on. Not hard, but it's amazing the difference it can make in a room. It blends much better now. Now we just need to refinish the entire piano...but that's a project for another year and another budget.
This week Miles also got his first black eye. So sad! I was folding laundry and had give the boys my empty baskets to play with and somehow Cameron ended up whacking Miles in the eye with the edge of a basket. I've informed Chase that once the kids are in school I may pursue a career in the circus or zoo as an animal trainer. I feel I've gotten plenty of experience just keeping these two from shedding blood on a daily basis. Honestly, who better to fend off fierce lions than someone who can simultaneously keep Miles from falling into the bathtub (in pursuit of my razor) with my left leg, pull up Cameron's pants with my left hand, brush my hair with my right hand and step on the toilet paper stuck to Chase's sock with my right foot. And let's not forget about the cross-room leap to keep Miles from pulling the filing cabinet down on himself, or the skillfully thrown nerf ball that kept Cameron from putting yet another toy in the VCR...It's quite a resume if you think about it.
Oh, and earlier this week Cameron and daddy had some nice relaxing time after work. Cameron was in his "Peter Parker" outfit, which doubles as a "Going to work like daddy" outfit, so it was only suitable that Cameron help daddy "Work with numbers." Only Chase can make being an accountant sound so exciting and heroic.

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Oh the brazen stories accountants can tell! Good for Cam to be proud of his papa. It really is a dangerous job, it's nice to have people like Chase putting their lives on the line all in the name of GAAP. And I think your job skills make you qualified for just about anything, like a negotiater for the police department or a lion tamer as you already menioned, perhaps a goodwill ambassador to a third world country. The possibilities are endless.

Alyssa said...

Lion Tamer? I always saw you as a trapeze artist... go figure!

Sara K. said...

You'll have to perfect that back roll if you're serious about being a trapeze artist...