1. Superheroes. They save people. They look great in tights. They are often portrayed by very handsome men (and sometimes they are not ...*cough* Toby Maguire). And I'm lucky enough to have superheroes in my house on a daily basis.
2. The Library. Love, love, L-O-V-E the library. Fun place to go and we always come home with a stack of books. It's no secret I love reading. I just recently added the weRead application on Facebook and I'm amazed how many books I've read in the last few years! But what I love is that my kids also love books and reading. I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I happen upon one of my children sitting in a corner of the house with a stack of books.
3. PBS/NPR. PBS for Great kids shows, great adult shows, fantastic news programming. NPR for great news and radio shows. You can't listen to "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" and say NPR is boring.
4. Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix. I have yet to find another brownie on earth that can compare. These are the final word in brownies.
5. The Park. Any park. It's free, the kids are running wild and I can usually get some talk-time with other mommies.
6. Ikea. For a lot of the same reasons as the park but add in yummy meatballs and french fries.
7. Having a washer and dryer in my house. Okay, it's been 2 years now and I still get a little giddy over having my very own matching washer and dryer. It's going to take a long time to overcome the memories of 4 years of college followed by our first 4.5 years of marriage. Laundromats suck. Laundry rooms? Awesome. (p.s. to my old Wymount girlfriends...does anyone still get terrible deja vu when they see a Red Flyer wagon go by?)
8. Outback Steakhouse. Honey, if you're listening, let's go Outback tonight. Fo rillz.
9. Holiday dress clothes. For my kids, not me. I love getting little matchy-matchy outfits for my kids to wear to church. Bonus that I have a girl now and get to do dresses and mary janes!
10. Netflix. I decided to sign up for Netflix at least during busy season when I know Chase is going to either be working late or going to bed early. For 9 bucks a month I can get one DVD at a time (currently watching Gilmore Girls) and watch unlimited movies online. If anyone is looking for girly movies to watch I would suggest "Becoming Jane" and "The Jane Austen Book Club." Both are very cute.
11. Blogging. I love writing blogs and mostly I love reading blogs. Especially UMC blogs. Keep 'em coming, girls!