So my SIL Deb has nominated me for a versatile blogger award, along with my other SILs and sisters and people who are basically my sisters, and people who I don't know, but would probably like based solely on the fact that Deb likes them. I trust her like that.
So yes, the award. I'm pretty sure it's a high honor - right up there with Grammies and Oscars and the like. So I'm going to take this very seriously.
The rules stipulate that recipients must list seven things about themselves. Let me say that I'm glad it didn't add the qualifier that they be seven things NO ONE KNOWS. Because if you read my blog you know that there's not a whole lot of holding back with me. I'm a sharer.
1. I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in Media Communications (fancy talk for journalism). A whole degree! And yet I struggle with the proper usage of commas, hyphens and occasionally apostrophes. And sometimes I screw up my syntax. And sometimes I do this knowingly because I just like the "feel" of the sentence. Now, I'm pretty sure this might drive my big sister somewhat nuts. Annnnnnnd that may or may not be one reason I haven't bothered fixing it. Love you, sis.
2. I am a big fan of made-up words and word combos. Like if I wanted to tell you that I'm tired, but also busy, I might say that I'm bired. And I would kind of expect you to just understand. Because really? Is it that hard?
3. In my last post I said that my life was hectic but not dramatic. And that lasted for about 2 minutes. And then life looked me in the face, spit on me and laughed for a good 20 minutes before telling me that I looked fat in those jeans. Life has gotten a lot dramatic lately. So dramatic that, in response to a completely rational email detailing some commitments Chase had during the week, I responded with one of those lengthy, whiny, irrational emails that all husbands love to receive. Sometimes I also too send them to Sara. I think she loves them. And as I was type-venting I stopped and thought, "If I'm really that busy how do I make the time to have feelings about being so busy?" And then I realized I might be brazy (word combo alert!).
4. I am extremely well traveled. I've been to Iowa, like, 10 times.
5. I don't like swearing. It bothers me a lot. Mostly because I, like Deb, love words. There are so many fantastic words out there! I like finding places to put those words, and I l-o-v-e when those words fall out of my mouth while I'm talking without me having to think about it. They're just right there in my arsenal waiting for use. The other day I was doing the dishes and thinking of someone I know who likes to tell stories, but in my mind I said it, "likes to regale me with stories." And that made me smile.
6. Going right along with that, I love to read. I can remember my brother Sam making fun of me one summer - I was probably 10 - because I would wake up and stay in bed with a book. He thought I was lame. And while that part is true, it has nothing to do with reading. Reading is radical.
7. Double rainbows. I know what they mean.
And Deb has pretty much taken all of the people who I would have awarded the versatile blogger award to. Thanks for that, Debi B. But I still have a few great friends/bloggers up my sleeve. Unless they stopped reading my blog. I don't blame them. There's only so much pregnant whining a person can take.
So girls, consider yourself awarded!
A "Versatile Blogger" brings everything to the table - a little of this and a little of that."
Now, here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (Thank you, Debi B)
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to (up to) 15 other bloggers who you have recently discovered and think are fabulous
- Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.