Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Thursday, January 20, 2011

For reals this time

When I sat down to write my last post I started on a list of "Things To Do" for the next year and it all started to sound cliche and silly. That's why I ended up throwing in the towel and writing a ridiculous list. There are so many things I want to do in this life and I feel like time passes so quickly there's never enough time to get it all in! But there are things that are truly important that I really want to accomplish. The extra stuff is just that: extra. If it happens, great. But if it doesn't happen I know my life will have counted if I just get really good at accomplishing those things that truly matter.

1. Further develop my relationship with Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ through more diligent scripture study and prayer; meaningful and sincere service to others; and living a covenant, consecrated life.

2. Further develop my relationship with my husband. This one is pretty easy because I married someone who turned out to be my very best friend in the whole entire world. But hey, what marriage doesn't need a little work at times?

3. Become a great mother. Spend more time really listening to my children. Be better at getting on their level and seeing things from their perspective. PLAY more with them!

4. Serve my community. At the moment this mostly takes the form of PTA service. I would like to find other ways to branch out, though.

5. Get into a single digit size jeans. Okay, this probably sounds trite after all the deep stuff listed above. And to some it may be. But taking care of myself is something I need to get better at. It gets mighty hard to take care of everyone else if I haven't first made some time to fill my own vessel.

So there, you go. A real list of real things I hope to accomplish (or get better at, anyway) this year.

Also too I'd still like to perform with Blue Man Group.

1 comment:

peterfam said...

Great list Anna, but I still think you ought to knit a snuggie... :) Glad to hear from you!