Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Friday, October 12, 2007

I was reminded today that it's been awhile since I've blogged. So I'm returning. But I'm not returning empty-handed. No, no. I'm returning with a challenge. In case you haven't noticed, the Christmas season will soon be upon us. And you know what that means. Christmas parties, snow (for those not in Texas), Christmas trees and decorations, visiting friends and loved ones and general good will and Christmas cheer all around. And Christmas sweaters. You know what I'm talking about. Those beautiful garments adorned in bright greens and reds, often with pictures of old Frosty himself.
So, the challenge: Or maybe it's more of a contest...Find the ugliest, most fanciful, overly decorated sweaters you can find for your family. Thrift stores are replete with these things so don't tell me you can't find some. If you're really having trouble you can contact my mom and see if she will allow you to raid her stash.
Once you've found a gem for each family member you need to go somewhere PUBLIC and have a STRANGER take your FAMILY PICTURE, at which point you will submit it to me via email. The deadline is - of course - December 24, with the winning family to be unveiled on Christmas Day.
I would also encourage you to each post your submissions on your own blogs - that way we can all have fun!
Happy Holidays and happy hunting!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

LOVE YOU ANNA! I am in on this and I will get the best EVER! You klnow one year while in the singles ward, my boyfriend, myself, and one of our friends got THE BEST sweaters and accesories ever. I had .. ok I wont reveal my secrets. we will win - if not then we will make you laugh very, very HARD!
HAHA cant wait to see you Anna! and have you been getting my emails????

Sara said...

Question: Do roommates count?

Question: What do I win?

I miss you...

Sara K. said...

We have the most bodies to decorate with unmatching horribly adorned holiday man-made fibers. I better get to Goodwill soon before the selection gets picked over.

Christy said...

The hardest part will be convincing Scott that this is for FUN! We'll see what we can do! What are the prizes? (you KNOW I'm a bit competitive!!)

Alyssa said...

Yes, I agree with Christy, the biggest obstacle will be my husband... Not only will it be difficult to actually find a hideous XXL sweater, but then actually getting it ON him will be even harder. This is not the type of thing that amuses him...