Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Friday, May 16, 2008

Here are a few numbers for you.

3: number of children I have
75: Diapers I change every week.
$.21: The price of a diaper.
21: Meals prepared per week.
14: Snacks per week.
168: Hours in a week
42: Number of hours of sleep I get each week (this is being generous).
2: bathrooms I have to clean
3: bedrooms I have to clean
1,789: number of times I clean the same thing each week (ie. the same kitchen, the same dishes, the same clothes)
60: number of tiny fingernails and toes that need to be cut, cleaned or filed each week
65: number of months I've been a mother (since finding out I was pregnant with Cameron)
56: number of times I nurse every week
35: number of consecutive months I have been either pregnant or nursing since June 2005
5: number of times I vaccuum each week
1: number of times I am permitted to shower WITHOUT an audience each week
4,650: number of things I forget to do in any given week
3: bare minimum number of times I work out each week - wish it were more
132: number of times I eat something naughty each week (you see the imbalance)
10: number of loads of laundry to wash, dry, fold, put away each week
30: number of minutes of Sophie's morning nap
390: number of minutes from the time the kids wake up in the morning until afternoon nap
4000: number of times my kids smile at me each week
6500: number of times my kids kiss me each week
8,000,000: number of times my kids melt my heart each week
67: number of new things I learn each day (taught my the best teachers around - my kids)
0: number of regrets I have about having my kids how I did, when I did
1: number of loving, devoted husbands I have

10 comments:

Jeni said...

crazy numbers! You know that family with 18 kids? My mom and I figured out that out of the 240 months she has been a mother, she has been pregnant for 162 of them. MONTHS that is sick.

Alyssa said...

That should be a mastercard commercial:)

Sara K. said...

Awesome list.

Stephanie said...

I love the list. We need to have more "grateful" days than ungrateful. Good job, Keep up the great work!

Christy said...

Dude, I'm a weepy mess this week. This put me over the top!

Wiseguys said...

wow, I'm a slacker. I only vacuum like every other week. And I work out a lot less than you do!

The Fowers said...

...Priceless!

Keeping Up With Cade said...

Bah ha ha ha!!! AWESOME! Your posts always make me laugh! Thank you! Those numbers are impressive -- and scary! Takes a special woman to do all that!! You go girl!!!

Hohmann Family said...

At first I was amazed that you had the patience to do all the counting. Then I realized some of it was rounding and some were counted simply to maintain sanity. It was more of a count-down, of sorts. Then I laughed. Then I sighed and smiled.
1: number of good mothers your children have - and that's all they need. :)

Ryan n Jess said...

ummm....
I must say reading this with no kids yet....is quite humbling.
love it!
adventure of motherhood...