Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How's your food storage?

This morning as I was straightening my hair Sophia walked in and handed me a crumpled bunch of scraps.

"Here, mommy. Barbage (garbage)," said The Girl With The Big Blue Eyes.

Looking it over I could see that it was the remains of what was, just minutes before, a completely usable toy.

"What happened?" I inquired.

And with a look that would convince every jury in the nation except the one I was on, she cocked her head, shrugged one shoulder and replied,

"I no know, mommy." And then blinked enough to put Scarlett O'Hara to shame while smiling with just the side of her mouth.

So by my calculations that puts the Apocalypse beginning somewhere around next Tuesday.

I hope you're ready.

1 comment:

Chrystapooh said...

Keaton, aka The BOY with the Big Blue Eyes, is obsessed with creating garbage lately. Specifically anything paper. Tissues, napkins, homework... it's all shredded and strewn about. He is also obsessed with shoes. If he can't find his own (which I put up so I can find them when I need them) he will dump the shoe basket and scatter the contents looking for any other shoes, pair or not, that he can walk in without too much difficulty. They then get jammed on his feet, usually with the tongues pushed down in front of his toes. And to top off the tornado he has become, he considers it a particularly heinous affront if anything in the house, especially toys, appears to be put away. This means that any storage bin or basket gets dumped and the contents dragged hither and yon throughout the house. I admit that I have given up on housekeeping until this phase of his passes. I guess the Apocalypse is scheduled to happen first, though. Just a warning to any who may be thinking of dropping by...