Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Terrible Twos

This is not a post about Sophie and her awesome 2 year-old-ness. That deserves it's own html. Come to think of it, her diva-liciousness deserves an entirely new internet. Get on it, Al Gore.

Anyway.

This is about the two things I want to do right now.

Hibernate.

Swim.

Is it so terrible that that is all I want to do? I just want to lock the doors, stay in my jammas and hang out. I don't necessarily want to sleep or rest. Not yet, anyway. I'd just like to not have to DO anything. I don't want to have to deal with actual PEOPLE. Excluding my kids/husband/family, of course. Them I like. And you know, it's not about not LIKING other people anyway. I LOVE people. People are fabulous. But getting dressed and leaving my house in order to talk to them is starting to feel somewhat overrated.

I don't know. Maybe it's my size (though, the doc informed me that despite my feelings of epic ginormity I'm measuring a little on the small side - not my BODY, just my womb...he didn't go into specifics about the size of my bottom parts, for which I thank him). Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the 10 billion things that happen in the month of May when school is ending and you're a certified PTA member. Regardless of the reason, I'm ready for it to stop. I'd like to take a day off.

And on my day off I'd like to be floating in a pool of glacial water. Al Gore might be able to do something about that, too. And why am I making Al Gore jokes?

I love the pool so much that when I showed up at my SIL's pool yesterday without my swim skirt (which I never, ever go without in public because of the cool Casper/Albino/Cellulite combo I've got going for me), I didn't care. I just jumped right in. Minus the jumping part.

It's almost June. Still too early to complain, right?

I swear this all sounded normal when it was in my head.

 

Bonus Blog:

Miles has been saying the most rad stuff lately. Yesterday after a total meltdown/tantrum in the car, he stopped crying, sniffed and said, "Mom. I love squirrels." Later in the day, on the way home from the pool, he dialogued WITH HIMSELF a conversation between himself and a bad guy who was "trying to take away [his] mommy." He was sounding super tough, like he could totally take the bad guy, until he corrected the bad guy's poor manners. He was all,

"You stay away from my mommy, bad guy!"

"No! I'm going to take her and get her!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yes I am and I think you're stupid!"

"Stupid is a bad word. It's not sparkly best manners to say stupid!"

(commence sounds of a struggle between bad guy and good guy)

It was kind of awesome.

9 comments:

Sara K. said...

That is all kinds of rad awesomeness! Owen started singing Lady Gaga's Bad Romance today. That kid hears a song or a part of song and it's stuck on his internal hard drive forever. I had to cease and desist with Glee on Hulu today because of this.

I whole heartedly agree with you on the people. Look at the people.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Sara I knew you would pick up the Madagascar reference.
Also too, Owen is my kind of guy. I can get two words of a song in my head and be singing it forever. Must be the genes.

Alyssa said...

That was the best bad-guy talking to, ever!

Also - I don't know how you live in Texas. It was 90 degrees by 10am here, and I almost stroked out pulling Emma's wagon up the hill to the playground.

Also - I don't bother "getting dressed" even if I DO have to go interact with The People. In true UMC style I wore, to Target, a very baggy pair of mesh shorts, flip flops, and a track t-shirt from a meet I went to in my freshmen year of college that has holes in the armpits. I don't remember if I washed my face before we left.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

oh My! I LOVE Miles. That is the cutest thing ever! What an Imagination! And all I have to say is, WHATever...you are little!!

Jeni said...

I love that kid.
Thanks for lounging with me. I also want to do nothing.

Chrystapooh said...

I love that your kids have "sparkly best" manners. I'm lucky if I can get my boys to have ANY manners at all, let alone manners of a "sparkly best" variety.

And since when do members of the UMC worry about the people???

Anna@Exasperation said...

"Sparkly best manners" is something that has come from their pre-school teacher. She demands "sparkly best manners" from all the kids. So now whenever Miles gets in trouble at home he'll say, "Was I not using my sparkly best manners, mom?"

She's also famous for saying "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." And if you live in Texas that actually rhymes.

We love our pre-school teacher:)

JesseniaT_Or怡臻ndorf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chrystapooh said...

I also want to throw it out there that I think you are brave to appear in any kind of swimsuit while preggo. I have never even OWNED a maternity swimsuit, although I haven't been pregnant through a Texas summer, either.