Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I just read the most interesting quote and it has really gotten me thinking. It's from Blaise Pascal, who is most famous as a mathemetician. Anyway, here it is:

“There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus” - Blaise Pascal

I think of how many people in this world are trying to fill that void with things...big houses, fast cars, boats and trips around the world. These are great things to have and there's nothing wrong with that, but it just hit me that those things will never be able to fill that space except the Spirit of the Lord. Also, this quote reminded me how we are created by our Heavenly Father, and we have an intrinsic need for the gospel. It is like home for our spirits. Without it we are always missing something. We are always craving a way to fill our hearts. It just reminded me how thankful I am for the gospel and for my testimony.

No comments: