Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Tuesday, March 04, 2008



Lest you all think that my children are just insane every minute of their lives I thought I'd show you what they REALLY spend their time doing. It's called Wardrobe Change. Cameron is obsessed with every superhero and since he doesn't have the actual costumes for each he has designated different clothing items as superhero clothes. Peter Parker clothes are my favorite because it usually involves a nice shirt and sweater vest. Anyway, Cameron will layer his superhero clothes under regular clothes so that he can have a big reveal whenever crime needs fighting (or whenever he is with his friends). When my dad was visiting he got a kick out of the way Cameron would just suddenly remove his outer clothes to reveal the superhero within. In the event that I have not allowed Cameron to wear his superhero layers (like when we go to church or preschool) Cameron will simply turn his shirt backwards when he's ready to make the change. Kind of like a portable phone booth. A couple weeks ago as I was dropping him off for preschool he was having a really hard time so I decided to let him wear his shirt backwards so he could go to preschool as someone else. It seemed to help.

Anyway, today he decided that he had multiple personalities because he layered Captain America on the bottom, Sandman in the middle (perhaps he's fighting some sort of internal battle, since Sandman is a villain...), and Peter Parker is on top. Oops, I just looked over and as I was writing this he has stripped down to JUST Captain America. It could be the fact that I'm playing "Eye of the Tiger" for them. It always brings out his superhero side...

And Miles? He doesn't quite get the idea of being a superhero yet so he just changes his clothes 40 times a day for no real reason. Let's just say I do A LOT of laundry!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

nat just got so excited to see them!! we need to come over so i can hold little sophie.. or as nat calls her "bebe!"
I love cams multiple personalities! It is probably one of my fav things about him... what you failed to mention is that he doesn't just dress the part, he is in full charactor and doesn't get out - EVER! i love that kid!

Sara said...

Cam cracks me up. I sure do love that kid...well, all of your kids, but you get the idea.

Alyssa said...

That's just unbelievably hilarious. I love it! And I must say, that is the first "still" picture I've seen of Miles in quite some time, and BOY has he changed since this summer!!!

Sara K. said...

Love it! Jerry's biggest pet peeve (if there really is such a thing as him having a particular favorite, they all pretty much rank equally, and there are many) is that the girls, Gaby in particular, change clothes throughout the day. Gaby has calmed down a bit. A few months ago Jerry thought we should a) lock their bedroom door to keep them out of the drawers and b) give them 3 sets of clothes for the whole week. Luckily I've been able to avoid those extreme measures. My personal favorite, as far as kids and clothes go, is the let's-dump-all-the-drawers-and-empty-the-closets trick. Miles would LOVE it!!

Abby said...

hahaha that is hilarious. Cam has such a great imagination. Miles will get there, he'll be incredible hulk and just tear things up! Yikes!

Wiseguys said...

Okay that is hilarious! I love seeing what kids come up with. Where do they get this stuff? Cameron seems to have a creative streak!