- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Also, I don't "slice" the bananas, rather, I mash them really coarsely with a fork so that you have all sorts of lovely banana clumps. Alyssa, did you mash or slice? I'm curious.
Lastly, when I add the sour cream/banana mixture I am really careful to FOLD it in and not overmix it. Who wants tough bread? Not me.
Also, pics of the kids and our fabulous weekend with Scott and Christy are coming up...