Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Wednesday, November 14, 2007





I am feeling decent and the boys are preoccupied at the moment, so now's a good time to catch up on my posts!

I'll start with the baby shower. It was October 23 and me and Sophia were spoiled rotten! Tori, Kathleen and Jeni really know how to put together a great party. My good friend Stephanie jumped in on the action, too, with a perfectly pink punch that was tres yummy! We got tons of clothes, diapers and other sundry items. Everyone was totally generous. Mom had a delicious array of goodies to eat, too! The pettis fores (How the heck do you spell that, Chrysta?) were INSANE. I was good and only ate one, though... After food and chatting we had the "Guess Anna's size" game. Apparently I look enormous because people were guessing pretty big. Then we played this cool game that Kathleen came up with. They had paper bags and each had a letter of Sophia's name on it and a baby item inside that started with that letter. Then the bags were passed around and we had to feel them to guess what was in them. It was fun!

The absolute highlight of the evening, however, was when I got to open the BIG BOX! I had seen it when I walked in and couldn't figure out what it was because I couldn't think of anything I needed that was that big. BUT IT WAS MY DREAM STROLLER! The Joovy Groove 2. Of course it was orchestrated by the stroller master, my sister Chrysta. And she got all of my sisters and sisters-in-law in on it, too. This was a BIG purchase and deserves a BIG BIG shout out to all who joined in on it! THANK YOU ALL! (side note: I asked Chrysta to give me the list of everyone who contributed so I can send thank you notes and she has yet to get back to me due to her recent trans-Atlantic move...so to those who contributed, stay tuned for thank you notes...).

All in all it was a fabulous evening.

No comments: