Last post today and then I'll be officially caught up. Jeni tagged me on her blog so now I have to do this: Here are six things about me.
1. I hate babysitting children I don't know well. I love to have kids I know come over. They're like little extensions of my kids. But I always hesitate when I have to watch random people's children. I usually do it because I want to provide some service, but it's always awkward - especially if I don't know the parent and their parenting style. And I REALLY hate changing diapers/taking the kids potty if I don't know them. YUCK.
2. I secretly like it if Chase has to work late one night here and there. It's like a night off. I feed the kids cereal for dinner, let the toys collect and the dishes pile up, put the kids to bed early and put in a chick flick. If he's coming home at a regular time I usually like to stay in the normal routine, but for some reason I abandon it if he's not around for one evening. It's weird, I know.
3. I'm a library junkie. Well, really I'm a book junkie and I can get them free at the library. The problem with this is two-fold. First, I am terrible at bringing books back on time. As I type I have three overdue books sitting on my nightstand and over $30 of library fines. I know, that's insane. I might as well just buy the books because my fines are constantly accumulating. For all of my budgeting you would think I would want to get the books back on time...This is a VERY dirty little secret of mine. The second problem is that Chase hates that I read so much. Well, not that I read, but WHEN and HOW I read. My favorite thing to do in the evening is put the kids to bed, chill with Chase for an hour and then read in bed until I fall asleep. Chase would prefer that I spend more time with him (and I should), and that I not keep the light on all night while reading...I'm so obnoxious.
4. I have a love/hate relationship with the sound of my children's laughter. On one hand it's such a delightful sound. What could make a person smile more easily than hearing a child laughing? On the OTHER hand, laughter often means naughty behavior. No, laughter almost ALWAYS means naughty behavior.
5. I have a friend that I met online. For some reason it seems weird to me that I met someone online and now we're friends in real life...she knows who she is and she's laughing as she reads this.
6. Lastly, and perhaps the most ugly...I'm a terrible thank-you note writer. Some of you are probably sitting there nodding your heads right now thinking of all of the thank-you notes I never wrote to you. In fact, I never finished sending out the thank-you cards for my WEDDING!!!!!!! We received thousands of dollars worth of gifts/money/gift cards and I sent thank-you notes out to about half of the people who deserved them. Ugh. It still makes me nauseous just to think how rude that is...Of course, I don't do it to be rude, I'm really trying to be good about it, but I'm just so bad! I'm also horrendous at remembering special days for people, like anniversaries and birthdays. I have relatives who are so on top of things (Christy) and it always makes me feel badly when I forget their birthdays, etc. because they always remember mine.
So there you have it. 6 ugly little truths about me. Feel better, Jeni? I'm not tagging anyone because I'm too tired to think of anyone to tag. Plus, I should be in bed reading right now.