Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Haley's First Birthday

In July Haley had her first birthday! Haley is lucky enough to be nine days younger than one of her cousins, Olivia. Olivia's mom, Kathleen, had a great idea that we should celebrate together and stick them next to each other with their cakes and see what happened.

In short, frosting-covered, sugar-coated adorableness happened.

P1060157 P1060159 P1060160 P1060161

Yeah, it spells "HO" we know, we know. Just think CHRISTMAS.

P1060168 P1060169 P1060171 P1060174

A few days later we celebrated at home with a couple of our good friends. I made brownies and called it good. I just can't handle the multiple celebrations these days. What do you think that means? Could it possibly be related to the ever growing number of gray hairs Kathleen has to tackle every few months?

Here's The Halester's new whip. She's a master at that thing and I love to watch her rollie pollie legs fly!

 

We're so glad to have Haley in our home. She's a heart melter, that one. She's been such a lovely baby. It's been a bittersweet experience to see her grow because I feel like I can't hold on to time long enough to really savor it. Everyday feels like it's gone before I even wake up! But I wouldn't trade this year for anything. Haley has been a light in our home and I know she'll continue to be so as she grows.

We love you Haley girl!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww, I love first birthdays! I think it's so funny that they can't really grasp the 'birthday' concept yet, so to them it's just...the best day ever. :D

Jenna said...

Anna, I DEFINITELY remember you! So happy to "see" you! You're hilarious.