Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Friday, September 30, 2011

Conference Weekend, coming at ya

I'm so ready for Conference this weekend. Having the opportunity to hear the Prophet, Apostles and other divinely-called Church leaders speak is such a great blessing. I can't wait to learn, be edified and strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ.

And I'm not going to lie. There are the rolls.

Several years ago - maybe all the way back to the Days of Provo? - I got a hold of my favorite roll recipe. The one my seminary teacher used to make for us when we were good. It happened to be right around Conference time when I started working with it, getting my technique right and what have you. And thus a tradition was born. No conference weekend can begin without what are now known as Conference Rolls. My kids have a Pavlovian association between hearing President Monson's voice and tasting a gooey caramel roll melting in their mouths.

Maybe this makes The Word sweeter to their taste?

So that's what I'll be doing tonight - getting out my Kitchen Aid and going to town with some dough.

What are your Conference Weekend traditions?

P1050327

My kiddos all hopped up on Conference Rolls last October...

4 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

My main tradition is to turn up the TV super super loud during all the Saturday sessions and then do all the cleaning jobs I never get around to while I'm listening to the speakers. Makes the chores go faster, and I stay awake better than when I'm comfortably curled up on the couch in a sugar high.

Also too, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY WRITE A POST ABOUT AMAZINGLY SPECIAL CARAMEL ROLLS AND NOT POST THE RECIPE????? YES, I AM SHOUTING AT YOU!!!!! YOU NEED TO EDIT THIS POST TO INCLUDE THE RECIPE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Chrystapooh said...

You've had an hour and a half...

How long can it possibly take to type up a recipe???

Because, you know, you have absolutely nothing else going on today than caving to my demands. :)

Anna@Exasperation said...

K, the recipe is coming. Let me run some errands first, you'll just have to wait some more. I feel like maybe I've posted it before, though. Maybe?

Jenna said...

CARAMEL ROLLS? ARE YOU KIDDING? That sounds amazing!