Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Tuesday, August 28, 2007






The boys finally have a decent room! I'm so excited! We spent the weekend painting - which, by the way, was a terrible task thanks to the heavily textured walls that we have. And we bought a new lofted bed to go in there over the queen bed Cameron was sleeping on. Needless to say he's very excited about his new up-up-up bed. Lastly, we took down the horrific mini-blinds that were in there and added curtains. We still need to get wood blinds but the curtains work for now.

Last week, Chase's mom, Tori, also gave us some of Chase's artwork from 1986 and '87. I'm going to re-mat it and hang it in there as well. There are some sweet pictures of dinosaurs (that are as big as volcanoes) and space ships. Perfect art for a boys room! I'll take pictures of them when I get them matted.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

The room looks so good. I'm glad you got it done.

Alyssa said...

very cool boys room!! So if Cameron has the up up up bed, does that mean MILES will have that queen bed all to himself?? RIDICULOUS!! Is he a kicker or something? HA! Jk...

Jeni said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH WOW! It looks amazing! In comparison to before, it looks awesome!! well not just in comparison... in real life it looks awesome, real life computer.. ok I am not making sense.. but it looks rad!
I wanna come over soon and see it! I am trying to find a day this week!

Wiseguys said...

Very cute! I really like it. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Madison's room...

Chrystapooh said...

Cute! It would be fun to add, about two-thirds of the way up the wall, a wide horizontal navy stripe banded on the top and bottom with a narrow white stripe. It would just add a little "zip" if you wanted some...

I guess Cam decided the up-up-up bed wasn't so scary after all??? I thought he wasn't so fond of the idea after Winter Park...
Love you!
Chrysta

Sara K. said...

Cute. That looks like the same color blue in Taylor's room, she used to have that same lamp, too, but it fell apart after too much bending...

Sara said...

Cute room! I also can't wait to see the new nursery!

The baby in the photos belongs to my old roommate Amberly (when I first moved to D.C.).