Rawlins Family

Rawlins Family

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Okay, folks. Consider this my good deed for the day.
This morning I stumbled across a recipe and I have to share it. It's called "Buttermilk Sauce" or buttermilk syrup. It's intended to go on german pancakes, but after tasting it we decided it can (and should) go on anything. Go in your kitchen and throw out the Aunt Jemima because you really won't be needing it if you make this stuff.
1 1/2 C. sugar
3/4 C. buttermilk
1/2 C. butter (I used less...about 1/3 C.)
2 T. honey
1 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla extract
In a medium or large saucepan combine sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup and baking soda. Boil for 7 minutes (I had to keep taking the pan on and off the heat because this bubbles up A LOT!). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm.

And, you're welcome.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

I don't see corn syrup in the recipe, did you mean honey?

Anna@Exasperation said...

Yeah, I didn't have corn syrup so I used honey instead. And since the recipe turned out so dang good I just said honey instead so that you would all get the same fantastic results I did. In fact, we're having german pancakes and the rest of the sauce for dinner tonight. I'm awful, I know...