So I was cleaning tonight and got to thinking about my family. I can't wait to go home for Christmas and see those who will be there. Anyway, as I was reminiscing I thought it would be funny to collect some classic Kilgore moments. So here are the ones I remember. Please feel free to add.
You might be a Kilgore if...
- You were reading spy novels and Kurt Vonnegut Jr. while your friends were still on Suess.
- You have one water cup that you use for an indefinite amount of time. You get mad if someone puts it into the dishwasher unauthorized.
- 15 minutes late = on time; 20 minutes late = not too shabby; 30 minutes late = late (this one doesn't apply to me because I've become obsessively punctual as a result of the aforementioned Kilgore Standard Time).
- You still silently count to three before starting any prayer.
- Your room growing up was styled after an Army barracks.
- You think lovingly of your mother whenever you pass a cemetery. And your mother is still very much alive.
- You can recall with great detail and accuracy the body shape and styling of a 1978 (79?) Chevy Impala.
- You still cringe whenever you think about Carl, Scott and golfclubs.
- If you were ever stranded in the middle of the wilderness you'd want Jerry there with you.
- You remember being served such culinary delights as squid, liver & onions and chinese pizza.
- Your friends quickly learned that when they called they could not simply ask, "Is X there?" because Dad would simply respond, "yes."
- Hershey Park and the Hershey Chocolate Factory are near-sacred institutions.
- Your family pets had very human names.
- Your "at ease" position is standing in the middle of the living room with your arms crossed, lightly bouncing on the balls of your feet.
- You learned about the "birds and bees" from an awkward cartoon rented from the library.